Buscar

Book Cover Love (#1)



I love book covers. Were it legal, I would probably be in a polygamous relationship with a harem of forty different book covers. (Because that’s not awkward at all. *cough cough*) Anyway, every Sunday, I’ll be posting my favorite covers of books releasing this month. If you’re interested in any of the books, click the image to be taken to its Goodreads.com page. So, without further ado, my favorite book covers of the week!

5. “Into the Deep” by Samantha Young (August 20th)

Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1)

Thoughts: This new book has a fantastic blurb, and I love the cover. I really want to know who designed it; Young usually uses PhatPuppy Art for her indie covers, but this doesn’t look like that designer’s style. (If anyone knows who designed this cover, please tell me!) Usually, I dislike covers this plain, but there’s something special about this one. It’s just screams “Contemporary Romance”, which is a definite plus for me; I love it when I can tell a genre by the cover. Also, the girl’s expression is almost Mona Lisa-ish. I can’t quite tell what emotion she’s displaying, but I know it’s not a happy one, and that makes me intrigued.


4. “Elegy” by Amanda Hocking (August 6th)

Elegy (Watersong, #4)
Thoughts: Amanda Hocking isn’t my favorite author, but she sure gets great covers. She started with PhatPuppy Art (who is my favorite indie cover designer), and now that she’s signed traditionally, her publishers continue to put out books with truly fantastic covers. This one is just so intriguing: Is the model sinking or floating? Are the feathers just red, or do they have blood on them? I have so many questions about this cover, and I just have to read the book to get them answered!

3.  “Crown of Midnight” by Sarah J. Maas. (August 27th)

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
Thoughts: Sarah J. Maas is such an inspiring young author, to readers and writers alike. I adore her and her writing, and I love this cover just as much! It’s beautiful and frightening at the same time, and the fonts fit it perfectly. I love how the theme is opposite of the first book: “Throne of Glass” was blue ice, and “Crown of Midnight” is red fire. Perfect!

2. “The Bitter Kingdom” by Rae Carson (August 27th)

The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
Thoughts: Speaking of blue ice… Here’s some more! I love this cover; at first it seems so simple, but the closer you look, the more you realize how complex it is. The red font looks beautiful against the blue background, and the dead tree branches give it a doomed feeling. I can’t wait to pick this one up!

1.  “Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea” by April Genevieve Tucholke (August 15th)

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between, #1)

Thoughts: This cover takes my breath away. I usually don’t like large fonts, but this is definitely an exception. It’s terribly gloomy, but at the same time, it’s absolutely gorgeous. The color gradient on the font is perfect, and the people on the cliff immediately caught my attention. I can’t quite tell what they’re doing up there, and that just makes it more interesting. The clouded sky is gorgeous, and I love how it flows into the water almost seamlessly. This is by far one of my favorite covers of the year!

--Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment