Buscar

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Books with Forest Settings

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Make sure to visit this blog to find links to other Top Ten Tuesday posts! 

This week's topic: List your top ten favorite books in a certain setting of your choice. 

My top ten (fantasy) books with a forest setting, in no particular order: 




1. Redwall by Brian Jacques (MG)
My all-time favorite book. I was given this book when I was about seven, and was hopelessly addicted to the Fantasy genre afterwards. It’s the book that sparked my love of reading; without it, my life may have ended up completely different than it is now.

I spent most of sixth grade holed away in my room reading this series. It’s fantastic; action, adventure, fantasy, and a touch of romance. What more could you ask from an MG series?

3. Warriors: Into the Wild by Erin Hunter (MG)
Okay, so I spent sixth grade reading Flanagan AND Hunter. I just love the Warriors series; it’s so cute! And it’s about cats, so how could I not love it?

4. The Marked Son by Shea Berkley (YA)
I recently finished this book, and I adored it. The main character is so wonderfully snarky and loveable, and the fantasy aspects blew me away. Such a unique world!

5. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (YA)
How could anyone not love this book? The main character is totally kick-ass, the world-building is breathtaking, and the love interests are totally swoon-worthy. Definitely one of my favorite books out there!

6. Destiny Binds by Tammy Blackwell (YA)
When people are just starting to venture into indie novels, I always recommend this one. It’s such a sweet and heartbreaking story, and the writing is of very high quality.

7. Light of the Moon by David James (YA)
This is another indie novel I recently finished, and I must say, it took me by surprise. I adored the magic-system, and the main character was just so loveable. As a side note, I’m convinced the main character is gay, and I’m rooting for him to get together with his best friend. What is he doing chasing after a girl?!

8. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (YA)
It’s about werewolves. And it’s by Stiefvater. Must I further explain its awesomeness to you?

9. Moon Spell by Samantha Young (YA)
This was the first book I read by Samantha Young, and I love it! And it’s also about werewolves, so hooray!

10. The Mayfair Moon by J. A. Redmerski (YA)
Okay, this one is about werewolves, too. Can you see a trend in my reading pattern? I can’t help it, I swear! But this is one of my favorite werewolf books; the characters are awesome, and the cover is gorgeous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment